- Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
- Speaking to the product owner and business on features and requirements
- Production availability of your service - if you build a service you own the service
You will be working within the Global Banking and Markets (GBM) - also known as the "investment bank", where technology is central to all aspects of our business - for example electronic trading in the financial markets.
What we do:
The team develop applications for a diverse set of "Global Intermediary Services" (GIS):
- FX Prime Brokerage services to the alternative fund manager industry
- FX Hedging services to Asset Managers
- FX order management and execution to Custodians acting on behalf of their clients.
Our GIS business is global so we have development teams around the world - for Europe the development team is in Krakow.
- Our systems are Java 8, deployed to Linux and with SQL RMDBS.
- The apps themselves have multiple internal and external integration points which need to be carefully managed due to the transactional nature of the feeds. They also have both internal and external Client UI components, internal and external reporting capabilities and risk management calculation engines. As a result, there is a wide range of technology challenges to be addressed in the role.
- These are high volume financial markets systems - which means that efficient performance, scalability and design are key aspects of your technology role.
Way we work:
- All teams in GBM IT teams are moving their systems towards smaller microservices including ours - this allows "pods" of developers to work on their service, they can releases small changes more frequently and more safely (this team release at least weekly to production) and ultimately get working software in the hands of our users and clients as soon as possible. We also use agile development practices and tooling to develop our systems iteratively.
- We are Dev Ops - your team is responsible for all aspects of developing the system - this may mean automating testing or deployment or making sure the live systems are instrumented so the team can support them.
- In GBM IT if something doesn't work or causes problems you are empowered to fix it. You will be passionate about the software you deliver and want to take responsibility for all aspects including production service. We are developers but ultimately we own what we build and that means taking it in turns monitor the live system during the working day (shared with our colleagues in London) and very occasionally we may need to deal with issues out of hours.
Who we're looking for?
- At least 5 years of commercial experience with Java, preferably Java8
- Practical experience with TDD methodology,
- experience with CI/CD tools,
- practical knowledge of JUnit, REST
NICE TO HAVE
- Good to know DevOps methods
- Previous experience with Banking industry