- Uphold and reinforce agile principles, values and best practices
- Enable new ways of working through hands on coaching of teams, including technology and business participants at levels of organization.
- Engage with agile teams and coach them through a journey of agile adoption and develop self-sufficiency and maturity.
- Hands on coaching including how to perform key agile ceremonies such as planning sessions, daily stands ups, retrospectives, and how to effectively utilize agile artefacts such as product backlog. Lead agile teams through product framing and discovery including defining business KPIs, OKRs, product vision, story mapping and other framing activities.
- Identify and raise challenges and obstacles, and work collaboratively with leadership and teams to resolve them.
- Enable teams to realize their mission and deliver to their KPIs, OKRs, anticipate, resolve or escalate potential blockers, that prevent team doing their best work, ensure that teams are interacting with dependent stakeholders effectively.
- Assess and enhance maturity of teams, observe and engage with individual team members to identify opportunities to improve agile performance, perform maturity assessments to baseline team performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Providing ongoing training and resources to equip team members with practices to enhance their agile maturity.
- Embed a culture of continues improvement with each team - establish self-sufficient coaching expertise.
The Equities & Securities Financing Technology Transformation is a global team whose mandate is to drive the Agile and DevSecOps transformation across the global Equities & Securities Financing Technology department of 550+ people. Our team work with teams of software engineers to drive continuous improvement. These teams build and maintain technology systems that support the Equities business and its clients to trade financial products in cash equities, derivatives and prime financing.
We work with software engineers across 8 global locations - Toronto, New York, London, Paris, Krakow, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Pune, the latter two are global development centres, each with 150 engineers, while the Equities business staff can be found in almost 20 different countries serving clients in these regions.
As a team, our goal is to grow healthy high performance culture, drive positive change in both technology advancement and agile ways of working to unlock innovation that delivers real tangible outcomes.
The role will be responsible for working with global teams enabling them in agile transformation, uncovering opportunities and setting up path to agility by helping them defining goals. Driving agile transformation initiatives in collaboration with teams and senior leadership. Embedding change in team's working practices, empowering them and ensuring that the change is sustainable. Bring about change in the mindset and culture.
The role will be responsible to identifying collaboration opportunities that enable teams to achieve their transformation goals and will encourage best practices through the Equities
Engineering Community and its multiple centres of excellence and communities of practice that the team host and run. The values upheld by members of this team of talented full stack engineers and agile experts are engineering curiosity, creativity, diversity, teamwork, open and constructive communication, active listening, growth mindset, collaboration and leadership at all levels.
Who we're looking for?
- 12+ years of relevant Program/Product/Project Management/coaching/transformation experience
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing, scaled agile, etc.
- Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience with Lean/Agile frameworks and methods, i.e.: Kanban, SAFe, XP, Scrum etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with light supervision
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Jira, Confluence etc.
- Experience being an agile coach
- Facilitating in group situations
- Strong consultative approach
- Analytical thinking
- Pays attention to detail
- Demonstrating a Proactive approach
- Strong customer service skills towards stakeholders and end user groups
- Driving for results: Demonstrates perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of goals. Confronts and works to resolve tough issues. Exhibits a “can-do” attitude and a willingness to take on significant challenges
- Decision Making: Quickly analyzes complex problems to find actionable, pragmatic solutions. Sees connections in data, events, trends, etc. Consistently works against the right priorities
- Collaborating and Influencing: Collaborates well with others to deliver results. Keeps others informed so there are no unnecessary surprises. Effectively listens to and understands what other people are saying.
- Motivating and Inspiring Others: Demonstrates a sense of passion, enjoyment, and pride about his/her work. Demonstrates a positive attitude in the workplace. Embraces and adapts well to change. Creates a work environment that makes work rewarding and enjoyable.
- Technical knowledge and skills: Project and Product Management awareness of principles, methods, techniques and tools, to be able to provide guidance to an agreed level.
NICE TO HAVE
- Previous experience working in financial industry.