We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team as the Head of SRE who will be a key member of the Communications Hub Technology Leadership team.
1. Work with the Engineering, Product, Delivery and Architecture teams to ensure that appropriate attention is given to 'Reliability Engineering'.
2. Lead the management of incidents (during and after) involving solutions that are the responsibility of the Communications Hub team.
· Incident management (during and post)
· Root cause identification
3. Establish and lead a global support capability for the Communications Hub team.
4. Perform the role of ‘IT Service Owner’ for services for which the Communications Hub team are accountable; either personally, or with the support of others.
Who we're looking for?
- Significant experience working through the definition, design, release and run cycle of software products to markets - using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and regulatory compliance.
- Experience of any object-oriented language preferably Java or Scala, AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef.
- Proficiency working in Unix/Linux environments. Familiarity with Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, ElasticSearch, AWS Cloud Computing, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Spark, Kafka.
- Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, Route 53, IAM, ELB, CloudWatch, Lambda, Kinesis etc.).
- Managing production public-facing backend services with internal application users and external customers.
- Experience implementing and managing Logging, Monitoring and Alerting framework for hybrid cloud or third party services using AppDynamics, Splunk, Data Dog.
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and within an agile project team (agile in ability to perform cross-functional tasks quickly) – balance multiple projects and collaborating closely with other development teams
- Understands the importance of a good team dynamic, is a very capable communicator and comfortable
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Hot beverages