Cloud engineers architect and run the leading cloud technologies on the market today and in the future. This includes OpenStack and Kubernetes for multi-cloud environments as well as automated infrastructure and service orchestration. The cloud operations engineer is a python software developer that develops software to make running infrastructure easier and more scalable.
As a member of the team you will gain experience using a broad range of cloud technologies. We believe in dogfooding and you will get experience running clouds with the software we develop. Our clouds include future upgrades meaning you aren’t stuck working with old solutions. Canonical is a technology agnostic cloud leader, incorporating new solutions like Kubernetes as they become available staying up to date with the best open-source offerings.
Who we're looking for?
- Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Software Development experience with Python preferably with large/team projects
- Demonstrated drive for continual learning
- Experience developing applications for Linux
Nice to haves
- Experience with OpenStack or Kubernetes deployment or operation
- Hands-on experience administering Linux servers for personal or professional use