Equities Technology solve some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the financial industry to help our global business and its customers succeed. Shipping code early and often using Agile and DevOps principles is critical for us to deliver business value, with continuous improvement and learning at the centre of everything we do.
We are motivated by challenging each other to push the boundaries of financial and technological innovation, in an open, inclusive, and diverse environment. We are looking for the brightest and best developers to take our capability forward.
- Supporting the Product Owner to evolve Product roadmap, creation of epics and writing of user stories and managing the product backlog
- Analysis of customer journeys and product functionality in order for a development team / vendor to meet the required business outcome
- Managing change activities which can include diverse tasks such as timeline planning to stakeholder engagement
- The Identification, analysis and validation of multiple data elements including Profit and Loss, Trade, Order, Reference and Market data sources
- The participation in testing cycles, working with the System Testers to ensure adequate test scripts have been built and run, assisting users with acceptance testing
- Leading, facilitating and participation in meetings / workshops
- Contributes to the development of the BA elements of the IT Portfolio and Programme Management practice. Encourages adoption of the practice across the BA community.
- Driving measurable continuous improvement into all delivery environments across all disciplines
- Helps to define and track metrics and Performance Indicators for the product
- Guides the Agile Team performance and outcome metrics as required
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars), internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group's standards of ethical behaviour
Who we are:
The Structured Products Technology team runs the pricing & order management stack covering pre-trade client RFQs, retail market distribution, life cycle management and secondary markets.
The team develops and maintains its own Structured Products OMS with in-house built pricing service. The OMS comprises of a C# front end with a host of backend services written in C# and Java.
The team spans the 3 main trading hubs (Hong Kong, New York, London), with team members in six locations (Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Toronto, London and Paris).
Who we're looking for?
- Extensive data analysis, data mapping, functional and technical business analysis experience (Minimum 5 years+) working at a Tier 1 investment bank
- Expertise in Agile engineering practices (eg Scrum, Kanban, LEAN)
- Conduct current state analysis, and to-be impact analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (comfortable in written and verbal communications) to facilitate with users from around the world and from different cultural backgrounds) , relationship management and flexible interpersonal skills,
- Highly developed reasoning and analytical skills,
- That they are self-motivated, enthusiastic, pro-active and a proven fast learner,
- A structured approach to the management and planning of their own work (able to efficiently manage multiple tasks, prioritising appropriately and transparently)
- Accountability for delivery - takes ownership of tasks assigned to ultimate resolution with minimal supervision,
- Appetite, enthusiasm and desire to execute change at pace,
- A willingness to constructively challenge accepted wisdom ensure focus on the problem to be addressed rather than "the solution we want",
- Experienced in working with resources in geographically dispersed teams, appreciating and respecting local cultures,
- Competency in two or more of: Equities, Credit, Rates, Equity Derivative products
- Advanced analysis, requirements elicitation, functional design and problem-solving skills - structured, formal approach to analysis tasks,
- Able to articulate clearly the project lifecycle and application development process including best practice methodologies and an uncompromising eye for quality,
- Ability to convey requirements to developers in a way that's clearly understood by them
Scripting skills are plus(python, perl, bash)