About this position:
As Senior Mobile Developer you will design, develop, test and maintain mobile applications for Aptiv Connected Services’ class-leading automotive business intelligence tool. You will work with Android USB interfaces, you will ideally be someone who is an Android developer who also understands hardware and electronics.
About Aptiv Connected Services and our project:
We are a new, independent division of Aptiv - we are a team who is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We work with technologies such as big data, IoT, artificial intelligence, Embedded Linux platform, 5G networking, CI/CD/CM, and more. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications. Come join the Aptiv Connected Services team for a unique opportunity to work with and learn from experts, while also significantly contributing to the future of mobility! Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
- Develop new features and perform maintenance for Android-based in-vehicle engineering / display tool.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams developing the world’s most advanced web-based automotive business intelligence tool.
- Investigate, root-cause and correct software issues across integrated hardware/software system (Vehicle Data Recorder device and USB-connected companion Android engineering / display tool).
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance.
- Contribute to technical strategy and mentor junior team members.
- Develop, document, and conduct software system testing procedures.
- Most of your work will make it into the final product (rest is experimentation, pet projects, etc.)
- All product competencies in the Krakow (data science, back-end, front-end, embedded, devops, etc.)
- Smart Office, with interactive areas for mixed online and offline presence (touch screen TV’s, etc.)
- Startup essentials: high-quality coffee, tea and chocolate, playroom, chill out areas, fruits and snacks
- Training budget for all employees, ability to attend and present in conferences
- Possibility to travel to the US few times a year to meet the extended team (post COVID)
- You will get to test your code on real systems working in cars!
- Competitive health benefits
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Who we're looking for?
- At least 1+ years of dedicated Android application development experience.
- Experience with Android SDK and familiarity with Android’s UI/UX design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Strong working experience with object-oriented programming, specifically Java.
- Structured problem-solving skills and experience with debugging complex systems.
- Ability to design solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Familiar with Gradle, source code management tools (Git), and Android Studio.
- Ability to self-motivate and enjoy working in a high-energy, unstructured environment.
- Knowledge of mobile industry landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience with Unix/Linux and C/C++ development are a strong plus.
- Experience with JSON and using APIs to integrate mobile applications with server-side systems.
- Familiar with UI design, data visualization, and user interaction experience.
- Experience with Kotlin, Apple iOS, or cross-platform mobile development are a plus.
- Familiar with database query languages such as SQL.
- Familiar with testing frameworks.
- Experience with continuous integration
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages