TheEquities & Securities Financing Technology Transformation team is a global team whose mandate is to drive the Agile and DevSecOps transformation across the global Equities & Securities Financing Technology department of 550+ people. Our team work with teams of software engineers to drive continuous improvement. These teams build and maintain technology systems that support the Equities business and its clients to trade financial products in cash equities, derivatives and prime financing.
We work with software engineers across 8 global locations - Toronto, New York, London, Paris, Krakow, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, and Pune, the latter two are global development centres, each with 150 engineers, while the Equities business staff can be found in almost 20 different countries serving clients in these regions.
As a team, our goal is to grow healthy high performance culture, drive positive change in both technology advancement and agile ways of working to unlock innovation that delivers real tangible outcomes.
The role will be responsible for the leadership and hands-on ownership of the build-out of new strategic tooling that accelerates teams on their journey towards agile and DevSecOps maturity as well as optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing suite of automation tooling. The role will be responsible to identify collaboration opportunities that enable teams to achieve strategic architecture principles including "cloud first" and will encourage best practices through the Equities Engineering Community and its multiple centres of excellence and communities of practice that the team host and run. The values upheld by members of this team of talented full stack engineers and agile experts are engineering curiosity, creativity, diversity, teamwork, open and constructive communication, active listening, growth mindset, collaboration and leadership at all levels.
The candidate will expect to work with any global team on collaborative projects that advances aspects of their team's software development lifecycle. They will own and lead "forward deployed engineer" deployments with teams by identifying high value business opportunities that is enabled by a transformative technical solution, asking thoughtful questions to understand the problem space and working together with the team to architect the solution, pair and review code and measure tangible benefits. They will work with teams to improve their software development methodology in order to maximize the number of teams across Equities & Securities Financing that release code in "Mode 2", hosting and reviewing the accreditation process. The candidate will work with the rest of the team to build and advance tooling that helps to achieve the mandate of owning your own infrastructure and enabling more "full stack" engineering and in-house software capability. The candidate will identify and lead opportunities for improvement and communicate widely across all global teams on the latest developments that will help Equities & Securities Financing achieve its objectives of being a high-performing technology division to support competitive business performance.
Who we're looking for?
- 8+ years of hands on development experience
- Demonstrable experience of Continuous Delivery software development methods, including TDD and automated testing (including non-functional testing)
- Strong experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience of build servers and associated tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Nexus, etc.)
- Experience with quality analysis tools (Sonarqube, SonatypeIQ, Appscan or equivalent)
- Experience of working in Unix and windows environments
- Experience of SQL, relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Postgres, InfluxDB )
- Experience of REST services and microservices
- Monitoring tools (Splunk, ELK, Sensu, Influxdb, Grafana, ITRS Geneos)
- Open source DevOps tools and how to securely integrate open source solutions
- Infrastructure testing and monitoring strategies
- Experience of production services and managing complex software environments while under time pressure.
- Ticket management system and tooling integration (JIRA, ServiceDesk, Zephyr, RTC, etc.)
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies, deploying and managing on cloud platforms
Previous experience working in finance industry