The Europe Equities Derivatives support team is a 13 member team part of the Technical Operations Centre. The team is responsible for supporting a suite of Trading, Quoting, Pricing, Trade Capture and risk management applications used by the Equity Derivatives business. They are not only first point of contact for the end users , but also responsible for providing L2 support of the application suite .The team is complemented by a teams based out of ASIA, US for outside of EU support hours.
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you someone who could multi-task in a rapid and fast moving environment? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Be a part of our IBIT EQ Derivatives Business Application Support team in Krakow, Poland.
– Interact very closely with front office Public Distribution Trading and Sales teams and associated Operations teams covering the region.
– You would have a high level of day to day interaction with the business stakeholders at all levels
– Diagnose system problems, define and co-ordinate the implementation of solutions individually and with other development and support teams
– Coordinate with different internal teams and/or external parties to conduct and manage special events such as BCP tests, infrastructure change weekends, data Centre maintenance, special trading days or exchange-mandated market rehearsals
– Promote the overall stability of the systems through system monitoring, proper change control management, and implementation of best practices to maintain production environment
– Conduct problem reviews with the relevant IT streams
Who we're looking for?
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to support and deliver a high quality service to the business
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and have very high standards concerning quality of service delivered and attention to detail, where they lead by example and expect the same behaviour of other colleagues.
- Knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management
- Solid Unix or Linux knowledge and practical working experience including Shell scripting (Sun Solaris, Linux)
- Basic knowledge in relational databases (Sybase, Oracle) / query (SQL)
- Network (TCP/IP)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl
- Knowledge of the FIX protocol is beneficial
- Have worked in an Investment Bank front office environment before, preferably in the Equities Derivatives space .
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
– capable of understanding client / end user issues and translating this into problem statement for further investigations within ITNICE TO HAVE
Financial Services, Bash-scripting