SynXis team has an exciting opportunity for a creative and experienced software engineer to join Sabre Hospitality Solutions center of excellence for performance. The candidate will join a very collaborative team that is passionate about software performance and automation. A software performance engineer’s primary responsibility is the creation of test harnesses to inject load, analyze metrics from application and system logs, and simulate system behavior to improve the performance and reliability of Sabre applications using in-house tools, the latest open source and cloud technologies.
The candidate should have enthusiasm for troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving complex problems and be eager to learn.
The Performance Engineering team’s members come from a variety of backgrounds, from Linux administrators, DevOps/SRE to developers and performance testers.
As a Performance Engineer on the globally distributed Performance Engineering team, you will be responsible for performance testing of our mission-critical systems in Sabre Hospitality Solutions. You will:
- Build and execute various types of performance tests to help determine stability and capacity across many high volume and heavily integrated applications and architectures.
- Create and maintain test harnesses to inject load, analyze metrics from application and system logs, and simulate system behavior based on the production workload of these applications.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Works as part of a team responsible for assessing performance risk, identifies critical use cases and select key performance scenarios. Help predict and assess performance risk ahead of production releases.
- Collaborates with product development teams to design effective performance and destructive tests.
- Evaluate application architectures, design suitable performance and capacity tests, and establish performance objectives for critical areas: load, soak, stress, stability, and capacity.
- Provide analysis of performance test results and adequately communicate to stakeholders: Development, Quality Assurance, System Owners and Management.
Who we're looking for?
Must have skills:
- Experience as a software/application developer, test automation developer or similar role in development.
- Experience in Software Performance Engineering. Understand application and system behavior under load and stress (user, system, capacity, infrastructure).
- Solid knowledge of Windows/Linux operating system, Windows Services
- Experience with SOAP/XML Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture, distributed messaging systems
- Experience with load testing tools like Visual Studio Ultimate/Premium Edition, JMeter, Grinder, LoadRunner, CloudTest, SoapUI/LoadUI, etc.
- System Monitoring and instrumentation (Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus) and tools like AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, etc.
- Performance monitoring of relational databases - Oracle and SQL Server, or NoSQL type databases - Cassandra or MongoDB, etc.
- Strong self-driven collaborator with ability to work in diverse teams as a contributing member
- Experience in Cloud technologies – GCP, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Excellent verbal and written English skill
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages