We are embarking on a build out of the centralized reference data platform for Hedge Fund from United States.
Reference Data team will build out several data domains such as Security Master, People Master, Account Master & Entity Master. Business Analyst in Reference Data Engineering will help build out the central reference data solutions and consolidate multiple iterations of reference systems into single sources.
Ideal candidate will bring wealth of experience in building reference data platforms at large asset management firms. Candidate should have extensive experience working with large data vendors such Bloomberg and Refinitive, experience with MDM platform and should have good understanding of the financial business processes.
The role will require experience interacting with technology leaders & SME's, business SME's and operations partners.
- Business Analysis - Requirement gathering, functional analysis, data analysis, functional and technical specifications development, documentation and estimation for strategic projects, vendor driven changes and business initiatives
- Partner with business and technology users in Trading, Middle office, Operations, Risk and Compliance area, understand and document their processes, concerns, and data usage. Devise data solutions to address the emerging needs of the business.
- Develop, coordinate, and elicit approvals from stakeholders on Data Models, Data Quality, ETL processes and Data distributions.
- Provide subject matter expertise on data processes, asset classes, data vendors, data lifecycle and reference data framework
- Reverse engineer functional specs from existing processes and data, study existing data constructs and propose changes to improve efficiency and STP
- Coordinate with Business, Technology and Operations leadership to align goals, deliverables, needs and status of the deliverables
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Business Analyst
- Minimum 4 years of working on MDM platform for Security Master/Account Master/Trader Master
- Strong background in financial reference data and capital markets
- Financial Data modelling experience
- Strong data analysis and data mining capabilities including SQL
- Data oriented and excellent attention to details
- Experience of business process reengineering, system analysis and development
- Ability to communicate well with different audiences with clarity and conciseness demonstrated by well-developed written and verbal skills, and the ability to deliver content to large groups