GSK Tech Global Centre located in Poznan is the world’s largest GSK technology centre, hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. As Tech we are absolutely fundamental part of a science-led global healthcare company to help GSK discover, develop, manufacture and commercialize and sell our medicines and products. Our work makes a difference and in GSK we work with purpose to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
Join GSK Tech Global Centre in Poznan and work in an environment that empowers and inspires. Experiment and collab across multinational teams to bring innovation. Work as you like and where you like. Be you, feel good and keep growing!
As part of our R&D Tech UX & Design Team, the Manager, UX Design will utilise their experience and passion for Experience Design and Service Design to provide set clear direction to R&D Product teams, including coaching and guidance in how to perform UX and Design activities. They will also plan, facilitate and run activities for key projects, whilst providing direction to Product Teams to ensure they continue to focus on the needs and goals of their end users.
- Providing specialist UX capabilities and coaching to product teams and proactively driving their UX roadmaps, influencing product owners through proactive user knowledge, collaboration and design leadership.
- Executing on all phases of the user-centered product design process, focusing on user research, user centred design and usability testing, amongst other UX activities; embedding and promoting user-centred analysis, experience and service design across R&D Tech, through the user of social media, intranet, case studies, webinars, etc.
- Help define the strategy for UX & Design within R&D Tech, including standards and best practices.
- Planning and performing User Research through standard UX processes, including persona/user journey creation, quantitative data analysis and usability testing, on behalf of product teams and R&D user groups to capture user goals, needs and expectations.
- Leading Experience Design activities, improving UI designs through wireframing, prototypes and workshops; writing up UX reports capturing findings from UX activities and heuristic evaluations.
- Appling quantitative & qualitative measurement techniques, dashboards & tools to demonstrate improvements to KPI’s and metrics and move the dial on UX excellence
- Co-ordinating the efforts of other team members and mentoring design talent across the R&D Tech organisation, to deliver on our key UX objectives.
- Engaging with other Tech groups to support the maturity of UX and Design across GSK, specifically working with other UX practitioners as part of the GSK UX & Design Guild.
- Keeping up with trends in UI design and UX practices, including mobile, wearables and social media
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Practical experience in planning and performing user research, experience design (interaction design, information architecture, visual design, etc) and usability testing
- Strong analytical and observational skills with a demonstration of creative approaches to problem solving
- Knowledge of the software design and delivery process (both analytical and technical)
- Team player skills with exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Strong English skills (min. C1 level)
- Awareness and willingness to roll up your sleeves with a desire to learn new things and jump into the unknown
- Natural curiosity and motivation to dig into the details in order to understand and improve upon a technical, complex, and constantly evolving problem space
- Experience in working in Enterprise UX & Design
- Experience in service design and design thinking processes
- Experience in working in the healthcare or life science industry
- High proficiency in the selection and use of standard UX and design tools
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages