Senior Backend Developer
We are a small and ambitious tech startup working to empower content creators and transform the multimedia marketplace. Our current focus is on resolving numerous issues with content attribution and copyright protection.
The project is partly funded by the European Commission initiative and supported by the Web3 Foundation. We are open source.
About the project
The project consists of multiple micro-services and they are deployed as multiple docker containers.
What we're looking for?
We are looking for a cooperative and confident team member with a curious and inquisitive mind to help us build microservices to support our apps while keeping them fast and secure.
As we know, not all responsibilities are required on a day-to-day basis. They are more a guideline to know what to expect to work on.
- writing the test suites and analyzing performance
- actively seek ways to improve existing software processes and interactions
- architect, develop and maintain the libraries together with the team
- work with image processing and image metadata software
- improve and optimize current GraphQL service built on Postgraphile
- collaborate with the team to prioritize the tasks and together create milestones
Here is the list that we absolutely need to build micro-services.
- Excellent Typescript knowledge
- Good GraphQL understanding
- Good knowledge using the ExpressJS
- Write solid SQL queries and table schema ( PostgreSQL )
- Understanding what is Photo Metadata, how it's used, and why it's important
- Fluent English written and spoken
This list outlines the optional knowledge that will be helpful to you on an almost day-to-day basis.
- Write custom plugins for Postgraphile
- Write clear and concise code
- Good written and spoken communication in a multilingual team
- Understand the microservice architecture
- Understand event-driven programming
- Write good tests cases
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Writing and using Docker Images
- Familiarity with IPFS
- Good understanding of how Public Key Infrastructure works ( PGP )
- Open-source software background