River is the first ever in-house built primary trading system (PTS). We are a 120 strong global team located across New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, London and Krakow. The team covers every aspect of Foreign Exchange trading including
- Client facing applications including risk management
- Trade Workflow for trade booking and managing trade lifecycle
- Risk and Valuation Computation
- Plethora of additional support and tooling functions.
What we do:
We are building an in-house platform to support all primary functions for FX Trading (pricing, booking, routing, risk management and valuations) which is replacing a vendor platform. Our pods adhere to the DevOps ethos and work closely with business and users of the system. With flat team structure everyone develops and releases components. Globally, we are have performed 19,000 releases in 2020 to build out our PTS and have demised the legacy platforms in all European and North American trading sites.
You will be joining Compute team, responsible for running and operating massive (1000 cores+) computation grid for Risk and Valuation purposes, providing critical functions for our Bank.
You will work on:
- Building a micro-service based architecture with both on-premise and cloud (GCP) environments.
- Cloud migration and performance tuning of existing components.
- Creating usable, efficient and elegant Java code
- Engaging, large scale engineering problems
Your daily tasks:
You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to users:
- Speaking to the product owner and business on requirements
- Automating testing and deployment of small and frequent releases
- Monitoring and operation in production
- Collaborate and help other team members.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience with Java 8+ (Concurrency, data structures, lock-free, wait free code, low latency, lambdas , performance tuning)
- Practical experience with cloud platforms (GCP preferred)
- Familiar with Terraform, Ansible, docker and Infrastructure as code concepts.
- Familiar with TDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment and testing
- Networking and security basics.
- Experience with REST and messaging technologies
- Understanding DevOps/Agile practices
- English at least B2 level