Equities & Securities Financing Technology Transformation team is a global team whose mandate is to drive the Agile and DevSecOps transformation across the global Equities & Securities Financing Technology department of 550+ people.
The role will be responsible for the leadership and hands-on ownership of the build-out of new strategic tooling that accelerates teams on their journey towards agile and DevSecOps maturity as well as optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing suite of automation tooling. The role will be responsible to identify collaboration opportunities that enable teams to achieve strategic architecture principles including "cloud first" and will encourage best practices through the Equities Engineering Community and its multiple centres of excellence and communities of practice that the team host and run. The values upheld by members of this team of talented full stack engineers and agile experts are engineering curiosity, creativity, diversity, teamwork, open and constructive communication, active listening, growth mindset, collaboration and leadership at all levels.
The candidate will expect to work with any global team on collaborative projects that advances aspects of their team's software development lifecycle. They will own and lead "forward deployed engineer" deployments with teams by identifying high value business opportunities that is enabled by a transformative technical solution, asking thoughtful questions to understand the problem space and working together with the team to architect the solution, pair and review code and measure tangible benefits. They will work with teams to improve their software development methodology in order to maximize the number of teams across Equities & Securities Financing that release code in in a faster and safer way, hosting and reviewing the accreditation process. The candidate will work with the rest of the team to build and advance tooling that helps to achieve the mandate of owning your own infrastructure and enabling more "full stack" engineering and in-house software capability. The candidate will identify and lead opportunities for improvement and communicate widely across all global teams on the latest developments that will help Equities & Securities Financing achieve its objectives of being a high-performing technology division to support competitive business performance.
Who we're looking for?
- 5+ years of hands on development experience
- Strong background on Java, including but are not limited to: development, trouble shooting and performance optimization.
- Have clear understanding of the development, load balancing, metrics and performance collection and analysis, and support of applications.
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline design and implementation.
- Familiar with common software design patterns and architecture principles.
- Passionate about technology and look for opportunities to learn and bring new ideas to the organization. Have an innovative yet pragmatic approach to creating business and technology solutions.
- Have a strong Agile/DevOps mindset and understand how it works.
- Familiar with relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with software end to end delivery through the SDLC cycle from requirement gathering, planning, development, test, deploy, to production monitoring and production issue management.
- Familiar with TDD and BDD.
- Containerization technologies: (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with RESTful API design and development.
- Experience on Cloud platform.
- Production Support experience and managing complex software environments while under time pressure
- Familiar with infrastructure configuration management tools to do infrastructure as code
- Familiar with code quality analysis tools and vulnerabilities scanning tools
- Familiar with monitoring tools and understand how it works