Central Systems Engineering (CSE) is comprised of a centralized team of highly skilled Systems, software, and electrical Engineers. CSE’s primary responsibility is to support internal and external customers by providing in-depth, technical, system level issue characterization and resolution for all of the system platforms and architectures, including ASTRO25, devices, and applications. The selected candidate will act as a technical liaison between field service teams (SI and MSSs), the technical teams within Illinois (System Support Center, CCSi, Upgrade Operations) and development engineering on a day-to-day basis as well as having exposure to our customers and end users. He/She will assist the customer teams to narrow down unique and/or systemic system issues to the box level, and then assist with root cause analysis. Most of this work can be done using existing labs in Krakow. The selected candidate will also work with field teams to implement the fixes when needed.
CSE also helps integrate complex features that have been or about to be deployed in the field. These features interact with multiple value streams, applications, and devices. CSE also supports demonstrations for new features with internal teams and customers.
- To take ownership of customer issues and ensure accurate and timely ticket management, driving investigations and root cause analysis to meet or exceed customer expectations and contractual obligations. Proactively assist with the characterization of system level issues.
- Must be analytical in thought process. Provide detailed analysis of system level issues. Participate/coordinate with the collection of all necessary box and system diagnostics information to quickly solve system level issues.
- Must be able to liaise between the engineering departments and external and internal customer coherently in written and spoken English.
- Participate in design reviews, feature and release content reviews providing a customer/user’s perspective on the software solutions developed. Work closely with development teams in Krakow on latest updates/changes to better analyze and isolate problems.
Who we're looking for?
- Hands-on experience with Linux systems administration (preferably Red Hat), Preferred background/education in operating knowledge of one or all of the following: MSWindows OS, Unix, RHEL/Linux.
- Good understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware)
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently in an international team
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Bachelor degree in engineering, physics, or computer science.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, network protocols and services (dns, dhcp, ftp, ntp)
- Network troubleshooting skills (Wireshark, tcpdump, nmap)
- Good understanding of system security aspects
- RHCSA and CCNA certificates
- SQL and Postgres knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows Server operating system
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Pracowniczy Program Emerytalny
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking