At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it’s about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
This role is accountable for contributing within and across product teams for the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of R&D Tech systems in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working closely with Architecture Director, Product Owners, Facilitators and Product Director. The Engineer is a “T-Shaped” role demonstrating both depth and breadth across key engineer competencies e.g. Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Data Science/Analytics, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to optimally collaborate with experts from other subject domains.
- The continuous delivery of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting agile and DevOps principles.
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully compliant with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensures use of relevant R&D Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Supports Product Owners and product teams to deliver value continuously, fostering and maintaining close links with customers, related Solution groups e.g. Established Products and Core Tech
- Ensures continuity of business execution i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Keeps relevant technical documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Provides leadership, technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Contributes to release planning and roadmaps working closely with Product Owners and Product Director
Who we're looking for?
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree required
- Software development or architecture design (e.g. SOA) & technology platforms/frameworks
- Agile, DevOps & Automation [of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc
- Data science (e.g. AI/ML) or data analytics & data quality/integrity
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with relevant technology platforms [e.g. Kubernetes] and frameworks [e.g. Docker] including cloud technologies
- Experience with data structures (i.e. information management), data models or relational database design
- Subject matter expertise with relevant business process
- Working with Data Fabric building Data pipelines (Denodo and Equalum technologies).
- Lifecycle/service management, business continuity
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages