As part of Markets and Securities Services IT, the main mandate of Markets Operations Technology Team is to deliver global and local solutions for Global Market Operations to automate/streamline post trade operations and improve efficiency; we also deliver solutions to other supporting functions in Global Markets. We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Business Analyst.
We are working on TREATS (a Treasury Back Office System), which is an in-house developed application running on IBM iSeries servers. It supports front to back processing of Treasury products such as Foreign Exchange, Money Market Loans and Deposits, Vanilla Derivatives and Fixed Income instruments.
The Business Analyst role is responsible for managing projects and performing requirement analysis for business initiatives involving enhancements in TREATS across the regions.
Responsible for projects in TREATS to support initiatives for various asset classes (mainly Markets Treasury, FX and Sales, Fixed Income and Equities) and supporting functions (Operations, Finance, Risk) in global markets as well as other projects driven by business outside Global Banking and Markets. TREATS enhancements are key to support new product launch/rollout, streamlining in end to end flow and back office processing, as well as Risk control/Clearing/Audit requirement (such as segregation of access).
- Adopt DevOps/Agile methodology and tools in project management
- Communicate and coordination with project stakeholders for requirement gathering, business analysis, testing and implementation/post implementation support
- Gather requirements from business and perform analysis to provide the best solution for business
- Work closely with business, other members of the IT departments, and the TREATS development teams to analyze, document, test, and implement IT solutions
- Manage relevant projects, co-ordinate and communicate with users and developers in different geographical locations
- Provide support on user testing
- Manage the progress and propose/coordinate for resolutions to mitigate the risk, escalate critical issues to manager as when necessary
- Provide regular progress and status update to project team and manager
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in working with/in Treasury department of a bank
- University graduate with a degree in IT or related discipline
- Possesses business analysis experience on IT projects and/or programmes
- Strong knowledge of Treasury products/processing and the financial business
- Background in system development lifecycle methodology techniques and documentation
- Flexible and positive attitude to change with the ability to quickly react to changing requirements
- Excellent analysis, design and problem solving skills
- Skilled decision-maker and a commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to run the small to medium size projects independently.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to contribute to a larger team
- Considered and timely, with a flexible approach to working hours and responsibilities
- Willingness to own work and problems and see them through to completion, using own initiative to resolve issues and deliver to agreed deadlines and standards
- Robust character with the ability to deal with a diverse range of people and cultures
- Self-motivated personality with a proven capability for rapid learning in a changing environment
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate effectively with technical experts across the whole department and, most importantly, business users
- Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel where necessary
- Experience with iSeries/RPG is an advantage