CoverWallet is a tech startup on a mission to reinvent the insurance industry combining data, design and technology. CoverWallet is growing rapidly and expanding across the USA. We're just more than a year old, and have raised $30 million in funding from top tier VCs (Foundation Capital,Union Square Ventures, Two Sigma, Index Ventures, and Founder Collective), and have built an incredible team of ~150 people (70% in New York and 30% between Madrid and Valencia). We are growing our team in Spain with some of the best engineers in Europe.We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team in our Kraków office. Our goal is to implement an engineering team from 0, so It will be a new team.
- Mentor other junior engineers
- Act as a technical representative with external stakeholders on behalf of the team
- Eventually, play a scrum master role
- Recommend and implement new technologies, processes, and systems to increase efficiencies, productivity and customer engagement
- Work with the leadership team to define the platform roadmap, identify technologies to utilise and integrate, and ultimately deliver on the technical solution
- Provide technical guidance and hands-on experience in software development
- Specify, evaluate and approve design and implementation
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology
- that could impact or influence current and future product development
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software services and third-party services.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers to build and deliver features.
- Participate in code reviews, identify and apply best practices for software development.
- Create technical documentation for reference.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists/time estimates and deliver assignments based on requirements.
Who we're looking for?
- At least 5 years of experience in architecture design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of web applications.
- Experience in ruby is a must
- Functional programming knowledge is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of clean code principles
- Mastery of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of the best practices around service-oriented architectures or microservices
- Experience with test-driven software design
- Team player
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Bicycle parking