Our client is a leading global Financial market data provider who runs a number of change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in a very engaging environment making the most of cutting edge technologies covering the domains of real-time/big data and machine learning.
As an ideal candidate, You love your work and take pride in delivering solutions that are elegant, high quality and on time. You love to be hands on as well as technically leading a team. A quick learner, committed to delivering the best and keen to make an impact. You have a love for technology, and know how to design/build robust systems. While your confident in your experience and ability you're equally happy to coach / teach those who do not have your experience.
Who we're looking for?
- 6+ years working as a Senior Java Developer
- AWS (S3, SQS, Lambda, ECS, EKS, EC2, Application Load balancer, Route 53, Cloudwatch)
- Messaging (KAFKA or similar async messaging / streaming technology)
- DDD / BDD/TDD / XP / OOP / Design Patterns
- Expertise in creating frameworks / reusable libraries used by others
- Open to learn new languages / technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Proactive mindset
- Ability to make decisions and prove and defend them
- Ability to document and communicate concepts at multiple levels
- Good analytical skills and readiness to perform alternatives analysis and to find the best possible option
- Quick learner, willingness to learn new technologies and to do research on your own
- Strong team player - ability to work in distributed teams, contribute to collaborative team success, treat team / product success as personal goal
- Big Data / Spark
- Java Certified
- AWS Certified
- Machine Learning
- DevOps experience (Git, CI/CD etc)