Global Banking & Markets (GBM) is the "investment bank" of our Bank. Our businesses generate millions of transactions across a range of financial markets. Our IT teams design and develop modern systems covering all aspects - trading in the markets, sales and customer tools, handling transactions and building financial and regulatory reporting.
We expect the individual to participate in all parts of the developments life-cycle including analysis, testing and production support. We do not have separate team and these activities are all part of the role.
The successful candidate will be expected the following:
- Products support is integral to the role – we have a saying, “the team builds it, the team support is”,
- Identify areas of technical debt, ensure a healthy balance of tech debt and new functionality is prioritised and worked on,
- Pairing with other members of the team.
Who we're looking for?
- Back-end: Java 8 / 11, Spring, Maven, REST Web services, PostgreSQL A background of solid architectural work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Unix,