This role is for experienced Java developer to work within the Portfolio Trading team of Equities IT. Team develops the global portfolio-trading platform for Investment Bank. Portfolio trading provision is generally the strongest in the market and its technology is often cited as a major contributor to this.
It is a multi service architecture with more than 50 components running in harmony further integrating with dozens of external systems. The project is going through strategical redesign to handle higher capacity, improve resilience, achieve fault tolerance by simplifying & modernizing architecture.
This role is for a person who is a team player, capable of developing business-critical software in an environment that requires flexibility and high productivity. Someone who is able with understand complex systems and has the technical skills to contribute to its evolution
The developer responsibilities include:
- Understand portfolio trading business process and workflow
- Develop the Java middle-tier. The majority of the development work is project based. We are going through fundamental changes in platform architecture.
- Adhere to high level of testing standards (unit/system/functional testing)
- Take ownership of the new component, function or a code change from the stage of initial analysis to successfully deployment to production environment
- Provide help with understanding of the complex application behavior to Opera production support team
- Be ready to deal with change management process (e.g., participate on the change meetings and verbally communicate your change to the risk manager, fill in required paperwork).
Who we're looking for?
- Core Java (Java 8 or later) including multithreading
- Unit Testing and Automated testing with Cucumber or other BDD frameworks
- Unix usage and scripting skills
- Relational databases (SQL, stored procedures)
- Ability to write clean code and improve legacy code
- Kafka and data driven architectures
- FIX protocol and FIX engines
- performance monitoring and tuning.