You'll be working in the Operations Support team dedicated to financial institutes supporting complex infrastructure setup. Ensuring the quality, stability of the Unix/Linux environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements.
- Provide global production support for the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure while on shift.
- Address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Unix & Linux infrastructure within a timely manner
- Resolve problem tickets allocated to a team on central management tools (e.g. SNOW)
- Implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
- Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA's.
- Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps or infrastructure problems
- Write technical documentation as needed
- Operational knowledge of key technologies, such as Sun Solaris 8/10, RHEL 3/5, VERITAS Storage Foundation Suite, SVM/LVM/VxVM, VCS/Sun Cluster/RHCS, NetBackup, Sun Fire & Enterprise product line, Fujitsu Prime Power, Blade technology, SAN/NAS storage
- Provide projects support for the Sun Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Unix estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power-down activitiesYour
Who we're looking for?
- University degree with 7+ years' experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (200+)
- Ability to distil work into discreet packages for execution by other team members, Independent problem-solving skills and effective time management, Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly and completely
- A solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system, preferable Solaris 8/10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts such as paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts, disk management/partitioning, automounter, etc
- Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, etc.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
- Fundamental skills with Veritas Storage Foundations, Volume Manager, File System and Cluster server.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (for example Tk, Perl, ksh, sh, csh)
- Basic understanding of the Banking and Finance industries with previous job experience, relational databases knowledge , Knowledge of SAN and NAS, Knowledge of VMWare ESX, Knowledge of Veritas Cluster Volume Manager concepts and operations
Knowledge in the standard ITIL processes