DevOps Platforms provides all the tools needed within IT to do their core business - the development and lifecycle management of software (Demand- & Portfolio Management, Project Management, Analysis and Design, Implementation, Testing and others).
As part of this team you will be engaged in providing the DevOps Platforms solutions and services.
In this position you will be working in various roles along the full application lifecycle: analysis & design, development, integration, testing, documentation, maintenance and decommissioning.
During these phases you will work closely together with your colleagues in the team, Delivery Management, worldwide distributed production support, as well as product owners.
As a methodology we apply Rational Unified Process (RUP) by IBM and Agile/ Scrum adapted to the UBS environment.
Area of work and projects
At the start, your work is related to provide the DevOps Platforms services in the area of IT implementation. This includes the integration, preparation and provisioning of 3rd party developer tools to Unix/Linux based developer servers. Our core application in this area is a central provisioned continuous integration (CI) environment, based on Maven, GitLab, Nexus and Sonar.
As a member of the Engineering Team you will:
- work in different roles across the whole solution lifecycle (system analysis & technical
design, frontend- & backend-development, system integration, documentation, third
- primary provide subject matter expertise and extension of 3rd party applications in best quality as
requested by specifications
- integrate and document your provided solutions
- analyse root-causes in case of incidents and provide solutions for solving the problem
- support technical concepts, effort estimations and feasibility studies
- perform code reviews and share best practices with colleagues
Who we're looking for?
- 3+ years of experience as Developer/System Integrator of 3rd party vendor products
- GitLab experience is a must
- Ability to work in an independent, pro-active, systematic, structured manner in an agile
environment and team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to display initiative and commitment, as well as excellent organizational skills and
- Good teamwork
- Excellent social skills
- A very good command of English (oral and written)
- CI environment (Maven / GitLab Pipeline / Nexus / Sonar)
- UNIX Shell scripting in bash, ksh, perl and awk• Python
- OS UNIX (Linux RHEL, Solaris), Windows
- WebServer Integration (Apache / Tomcat)
- LDAP Integration
- MySQL, PL/SQL
- System know how of UNIX (x86 Solaris x86 or Linux)