We're developing a strategic risk-management platform in one of the World's Top 10 Investment Banks. It is a mission-critical project for the Client because it enables large scale Monte Carlo simulations to forecast future cash flows of derivative trades and portfolios along with quantification of associated risks, which are used by Client's traders across the world. It is also used for Stress testing and runs hundreds of potential economic scenarios to confirm Bank's readiness for various business conditions to market regulators. Calculated exposures are used for Basel 3 reporting, RWA calculations, trading limits, valuation of Market and Credit risks etc.
This platform performs overnight data loading and runs batch processing during the day to deliver data to downstream systems according to strict SLAs. It is also capable of intraday online calculations. This is a legacy platform to an extent, but we keep developing new components and modify existing ones, there is more development than support activities. Also, there is undergoing Automation program sponsored by Client's top management in order to bring platform to modern and automated delivery process. We strive to reduce manual work and bring best engineering ideas to life.
We're part of Client's Risk Analytics IT department, there is around 80 Luxoft professionals organized into several cross-functional development and supporting teams. Team size is 8-10 people, with a Team Lead, .Net developers, Oracle developers, QA Engineers and System analysts. We generally follow 4 sprints development cycle, each sprint being 2 weeks, but team is free to adapt to their projects needs in terms of methodology and software development process. We value teamwork, as well as recognize individual contribution into success of the project.
[Core development] - .Net 4.6.2, C# 6.0, Visual Studio 2017, xQuery, XSLT, Spring.net, ApacheThrift, ASP.NET MVC (minor), Java 1.6 (minor), PL/SQL, SQL, TibcoEMS
[CI / DevOps] - GitHub, TeamCity, MS Build, SVN, Puppet, Nexus, NUnit, SonarQube, Docker, Unix, Elastic Stack (ELK), Bash
[DB] - Oracle 11g, MongoDB 4.0.1, MS-SQL BI (SSIS, SSAS)
[QA] - Jira X-Ray, PowerShell, Python
[Grid computing] - DataSynapse Grid server, Microsoft Azure
- Improve delivery throughput to the optimum level
- Faster delivery (reduce Lead Time)
- Maintain robust delivery quality
- Deliver maximum value through ongoing prioritisation process with business stakeholders
Success criteria for Agile Coach:
- Measurable progress on the goals (throughput, lead time, quality, value) as opposed to number of conducted trainings, sessions etc.
- Mature, pragmatic Agile practitioner able to get down to each pod's context and work day-to-day with the team to achieve abovementioned goals
- Solid expertise in Agile values, process, ceremonies
- Fight resistance to changes
- Help pod members to understand and deliver their roles at best, i.e. Product Owner
- Challenge status quo for existing practices
- It's not about a temporary trainer to run number of Agile trainings, it's a person handholding with pods throughout their journey, pushing towards Agile values, ensuring throughput, lead time, quality and delivered value is maximized.
Who we're looking for?
- 5+ years of experience as an Agile Coach
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
- Can showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
- Experience running agile projects of varying size and complexity
- Strong leader, educator, and coach
- An excellent communicator and motivator
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Investment Banking Industry