The client is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Their innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, the client is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
The Oracle DBA will be part of a team responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle Database systems, ensuring high availability and consistent performance of our mission-critical applications in a service provider model. This position requires solid technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the Oracle databases ensuring operational readiness (security, health and performance), performing system refreshes using RMAN and Data Pump. The right candidate will be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Onboarding of Supplier DBA Advanced Support team (Final Support Tier)
- Maximize database availability and performance to meet or exceed defined SLA's
- Assist as needed in investigating, troubleshooting and resolving database incidents/problems
- Consult with IT personnel to resolve database related questions and/or concerns
- Provide knowledge and recommendations on database performance and SQL tuning, security, backup/recovery, and more
- Provide incident summary information for consumption by internal and client teams
- Understanding of ticket assignment Process and Lifecycle
- Identify current toolset configuration and CI's
- Gather and Validate reporting requirements
- Incident, Problem and Change Management Process study
- Perform DBA roles and responsibilities
- Proficient in day to day DB maintenance activities.
- Installation of Oracle Software and Databases.
- Good understanding of Oracle Grid, Clusterware and ASM.
- Setup replication using Golden Gate.
- Data movement using expdb/impdp
- Backup and recovery
Who we're looking for?
MUST BE STRONG IN ADMINISTRAITING ORACLE DB SERVERS - VARIOUS VERSIONS, FROM 10 UP TO 19
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- Min 8 yrs experience in Oracle with expertise in Oracle RAC Databases.
- 6-8 yrs experience of Golden Gate and Data Guard(logical/Physical).
- 5 yrs Experience in DB migration to cloud or on prem data centers.
- 1-3 yrs experience in Cloud database technologies(AWS, Oracle, Google)
.• Other RDBMS technologies Couchbase, MySQL, MS Sql, Informix preferred.
- Good to have cloud certification (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- DBA certification required