As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the Merchant Bank Tribe, you’ll be part of the team building SumUp's own digital bank. You’ll be part of a local, autonomous, cross-functional team that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
Sitting within the Merchant Bank Tribe, the Engagement value stream addresses how we can build solutions to simplify financial processes for small businesses operations. You’ll help us define ways to incentivize the customer to use the product and maximize the value the customer gets out of these operations.
As a Frontend Engineer, you'll be responsible for building reliable, secure and easy-to-use features inside our web app that’s exposed to millions of users across the globe. You will empower customers with smooth, effortless and engaging banking experience.
- Work with a modern tech stack built on React, Emotion (CSS-in-JS), Jest and React testing library.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product and Design to bring exciting new features to our merchant-facing web applications.
- Follow UI design best practices to contribute to our component library Circuit UI, giving input to the open-source community and helping SumUppers build consistent features.
- Participate in code reviews with other software engineers.
- Help your team deliver business value, participating in product discussions and taking decisions related to the front-end.
Who we're looking for?
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have 5+ years’ experience as a front-end engineer.
- You understand what can be decoupled and reused as a separate component.
- You have experience in building SPA applications using React.
- You have hands-on experience implementing UI designs.
- You are willing to learn new things and advance in delivering a great user experience.
- You have great verbal and written English communication skills.
- Healthcare package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages