- Principal Java Software Engineer, 100% remote if you want
- Lead cross-functional agile team
- Understand the business requirements, develop system code
- Design, build and maintain reliable system code
- Cloud native applications spanning mobile, web, backend, platform, API gateways and more
- Produce production ready high-quality code
- Meet nonfunctional requirements of performance, operability, scalability etc.
- Adhere to design, coding, unit testing and documentation standards
- Support cross functional teams in deployment and troubleshooting issues of the code developed.
At Sabre Hospitality we're excited as we're scaling new heights with our partnerships with some of the top hotel chains in the world while we build the industry's first and only integrated Full-Service Property Management Platform (FS-PMS) on Cloud with a micro-services architecture. Our PMS products are being used by thousands of properties world-wide, already. The FS-PMS Platform is being built as a ground-up distributed system (high scale, highly available, durability of data and so on) both from technology and business perspective. Sabre Hospitality is looking for a talented Principal Engineer to join the team to accelerate this journey. Make a change and join Sabre Hospitality team!
As a Principal Java Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively with architecture team, testing teams, and others throughout the lifecycle of a project.
As our SynXis Property Hub product transforms into a full-service solution, you will help design and develop solutions that will enhance guest services and hotel management services via automation and integration with external systems. The services you’ll work on will be supported by the organization and their design and implementation need to support that meeting all non-functional requirements of performance, operability, scalability etc. for a cloud native application. The application spans mobile, web, backend, platform API gateways.
As part of a multidisciplinary, agile team, you will work closely with architects, product owners, developers to transform and improve services, communicating with empathy and resilience. You’ll facilitate meetings and peer-review sessions. You’ll devise and share narratives of existing user experiences, as well as your visions of future ones.
You will be responsible for developing designs and system code based on business requirements. You will combine the evidence with your experience to make good design decisions and help guide the work of your team adhering to the design, coding and documentation standards. You will need to challenge assumptions and determine risks and areas of uncertainty, and work with your team to migrate those risks. You will design testing strategies, on both unit and integration level, to ensure quality, and you will support team in troubleshooting those issues of the code developed that were not mitigated.
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in using Core Java, Spring Boot, Spring technologies.
- Experience in development of RESTful services
- Experience with relational databases (team is using MariaDB but any transferable experience is ok)
- Experience with object-relational mappers (team is using Hibernate)
- Experience in leading small teams and responsible for technical design, code review, non-functional requirements & on time delivery of modules handled by a team
- Experience in development of modern, scalable, web applications
- Understanding of TDD practices and experience with Junit, Hamcrest, Mockito and Jupiter or equivalent testing tools
- A deep understanding of XML and JSON
- Experience with Avro serialization
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (team is using primarily EC2, SNS, SQS, S3, SSM) or equivalent in other cloud platforms
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in API documentation using tools like Swagger UI
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses