FARA is a leading supplier of IT solutions to the public transport sector. We deliver solutions and products providing real-time information to efficiently solve the different needs of the stakeholders in the sector. Our intelligent and easy-to-use systems contribute to a more efficient transit service, increased quality and better safety.
In 2019, FARA joined Ticketer, the UK’s market leader in bus ticketing technology, bringing together two companies with a strong joint mission; to make travel easy. Together, we are called the Ticketer Group.
Over the next few years, we will be transforming the transport ecosystem by enabling customer efficiency through operational insight, leading the way in local and national mobility and delivering first-class, frictionless travel experiences.
Together, the Group is able to offer customers the very latest technology in intelligent transport ticketing, back office software and passenger-facing apps, focusing on providing Real Time Information for use on board, online and on mobile to increase usage of public transport facilities. And today’s numbers are impressive, with our equipment on over 30,000 buses across Europe, over 5.5 million daily passengers using our ticketing system and with 3.5 billion tickets being issued in the UK alone.
- Play a key role in ensuring the quality of delivery to the customers
- Be an integral part of the team and lead the test planning, test documentation and testing activities
- Interact with product management and project management to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Design Test Cases and use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Participate in troubleshooting of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues
- Requirements analysis and effort estimation
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in manual testing microservice architecture (Windows)
- Experience in integration and system testing
- Skills in frontend testing (desktop application + web applications + interfaces presented at various hardware)
- Skills in backend testing
- Experience in writing SQL queries for analysis/issues investigation purposes
- Some knowledge about network configuration/communication
- Strong analytics skills
- Self organized, independent and self-motivated
NICE TO HAVE -
- Scripting skills for simplifying deployments
- ISTQB Foundation level training and certificate
- Basic knowledge about linux/unix
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking