You will be part of a multi-national team responsible for the development of the next generation solution for Data Center networking that simplifies the configuration of network devices by implementing an SDN (Software-Defined Networking) controller.
The solution targets Data Centers for large organizations, including private/hybrid/public cloud environments. It is addressing the needs of users requiring an easier option than switch-by-switch, CLI-based approaches and can automate time-consuming tasks.
In this position, you will work with project teams, peer interaction designers, and users to define the user experience of Cisco software applications. You will be responsible for planning and conducting User Experience Research that will include facilitating usability studies, workshops, surveys, and contextual interviews. This individual must understand the business requirements, research the needs of the user, analyze research data and translate these findings into relevant recommendations and measurable items.
Who You'll Work With
Research is valued by all levels in this org. This role works closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, Program Managers, and Designers to define and improve the user experience of Cisco products and services. You will work closely with designers on prototypes, ideate with product managers about organizational impact, and present findings to executives who value the voice of the customer.
Who we're looking for?
- Ability to engage with users, customers and partners
- Experience conducting usability testing, user interviews and other user research methods such as field studies, ethnography, and surveys
- Facilitate onsite and remote usability reviews. Serve as Usability Testing Contact: advise and guide UE designers in designing, planning, and conducting user research activities
- Create personas and user profiles based on research results
- Systematically help identify, collect, and report metrics from usability tests
- Present findings at all levels within the organization
- Create and synthesize information from usability studies, to guide design decisions for our products
- Help drive product direction based on field research and functional requirements. In certain cases, design mockups including wireframes
- Facilitate project communication across a multi-disciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
- Proactively drive improvements in user testing facilities, methods, participant recruiting, tools, and equipment Qualifications
- BS/BA/Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related degree in Computer Science with an HCI specialty, Human Factors, Psychology, related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience conducting research using different techniques at various stages of product development
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and structure research that simplify these concepts
- Must be experienced in conducting user experience research and using the right techniques as required throughout the product development process
- Experience with in-person and remote usability and UX research tools
- Provide teams with research context and perspective on what will make a product easy to use
- Understanding and experience with industry standard user-centered design process
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functional groups
- Strong cross-cultural communication, collaboration and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking ability, and the ability to prioritize
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Skills in Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Prototyping!