You'll be working in the Cash Equities Support team in Poland. The team upholds high standards for timely issue resolution & continuous improvement and high level of accountability. You will contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services.
- Be a part of our IB Equities Cash Production services team
- Interact very closely with front office Equity Trading and Electronic Execution teams and associated Operations teams
- You would have a high level of day to day interaction with the business stakeholders at all levels
- Diagnose system problems, define and co-ordinate the implementation of solutions individually and with other development and support teams
- Coordinate with different internal teams and/or external parties to conduct and manage special events such as BCP tests, infrastructure change weekends, Data Centre maintenance, special trading days or exchange-mandated market rehearsals
- Promote the overall stability of the systems through system monitoring, proper change control management, and implementation of best practices to maintain production environment
- Conduct problem reviews with the relevant IT streams
Who we're looking for?
- Working knowledge of KDB+
- Reasonable relevant experience in Front Office IB Application support
- Knowledge of EQ Cash Business and trade lifecycle including Allocations and Booking
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent / conflicting priorities.
- Self-driven, highly motivated and have very high standards concerning quality of service delivered and attention to detail, where they lead by example and expect the same behavior of other colleagues.
- Knowledge of ITIL incident and problem management.
- Solid Unix and Linux knowledge.
- Technical skills in UNIX Scripting (Shell and/or Perl), Database (Oracle/MySQL/ Sybase )
- Network (TCP/IP), Middleware like MQ or EMS.
- Prior knowledge of the FIX protocol, Order management or Algo platform.
- a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences in English
- capable of understanding client / end user issues and translating this into problem statement for further investigations within IT
- General empathy to user queries and complaints and have a service oriented mindset
- Exposure to some industry wide toolsets such as SPLUNK , IPSoft , Application Dynamics, Automation Anywhere would be an added advantage
- Hands on experience in Python coding will be preferred.
- Prior experience in Trading floor support will be preferred.