We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to be responsible for providing solutions for technical issues which may affect solution delivery. They will facilitate requirements analyses, conduct peer reviews, provide feedback, enhance frameworks as well as acting as a strong individual contributor in their area of remit.
What we require is an individual with strong knowledge of best practices, good organisational skills, and strong proficiency in Java technologies.
- Ownership of technical delivery for their agile team
- Leadership/mentorship over their agile team
- Communication on behalf of their agile team
Who we're looking for?
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in an IT or Engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer in an agile software delivery team
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Lead for an agile software delivery team
- A high standard of delivery as evidenced in the technical assessment provided with this vacancy
- Requirements analysis
- Producing high quality detailed designs
- Interfacing with the architecture function to improve architecture frameworks
- Strong estimation techniques
- Strong knowledge of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) delivery processes
- Strong knowledge of Java technologies, ideally in a containerised micro-services architecture
- Strong understanding of TDD and BDD methodologies for software delivery
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Public Cloud provider experience (GCP preferred but AWS acceptable)
- Good knowledge of CI /CD pipeline construction technologies (Jenkins, Maven, Docker)
- Good Linux skills (CentOS, Redhat)