Digital Business Automation (DigiBA) are a global function with over 250 staff in 12 countries. We are responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for a number of critical products across the organization, as well as ensuring their availability, recoverability and security.
In order to facilitate the adoption of this strategy we are currently looking a Senior Specialist with an ability to manage Tivoli / IBM Workload Scheduler (TWS / IWS) including installation / upgrading the system, configuration, restoring, testing the system.
- Mainframe batch scheduler management
- Ensuring delivery to the customer while adhering to established global standards and best practice
- Maintain and exceed existing SLA's and ensure compliance to HSBC policies at all times
- Actively participate in achieving organizational efficiency objectives and undertake analysis on day-to-day work to drive automation on deliveries thereby minimizing repetitive and standardized tasks/processes.
- Ensure the best practices are used to support the diverse customer group
- Work closely with the stakeholders to avail/impart all necessary training from time to time to ensure enhanced service delivery Deliver the solutions / deliverables per the agreed requirements with regards to project timelines
- Work on critical / complex incidents & issues and ensure completion within agreed deadlines.
- Perform Project Management activities as may be applicable in the project
- Expect to provide the 24*7 On-call support as per business requirements
Who we're looking for?
- Minimum 3 years' experience of managing a Tivoli / IBM Workload Scheduler (TWS / IWS) environment (v9.1 or later) e.g. configuring the product, applying updates, performing system upgrades, executing disaster recovery / resilience testing.
- Experience of testing, evaluating, and deploying new product functionality and / or fix packs released by the vendor
- Experience of providing production support / troubleshooting for TWS / IWS infrastructure issues
- Strong Mainframe background and knowledge of z/OS
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Proven project management skills and adoption of agile working practices
- Experience of working with or building Job Control Language (JCL)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience of implementing security / access controls on TWS / IWS using RACF or ACF2
- Strong knowledge of and prior experience of maintaining associated products e.g. CA JCL Check, CA Endevor, Horizont XINFO, TWS/Audit, SmartJCL
Experience of managing vendor relationships
Experience in developing and delivering test plans, test scripts, regression packs
- Ability to code / script using WAPL (Workload Automation Programming Language) and REXX (Restructured Extended Executor) programming languages.
- Past experience of installing and configuring DWC (Dynamic Workload Console) to work in conjunction with IBMz Workload Scheduler.
- Past experience of using CA Workload Automation CA7 in either a scheduler or administrator role.
- Experience of developing solutions using Zowe
- Experience of test and issue management tools e.g. Jira, RTC, TestRail and Quality Centre
- Experience of Agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, Lean UX
- Experience of working with Scheduling Tools