This position is at the heart of our new Consumer Healthcare business’ introduction of new, and development of existing technologies, which will make us the most competitive, and highest productivity company in our sector.
The role holder will play a key role in introducing, embedding and maintaining new technologies in the areas of manufacturing automation, control systems and robotics as well as supporting regions and sites in the life-cycle management of existing automation platforms.
Reporting into the Head of Automation, you will be a business wide subject-matter expert, responsible for supporting and developing all Consumer Health sites globally as next generation technologies are introduced or improved. This will require considerable project management, as you lead the deployment of multiple, often disparate, programmes simultaneously.
- Deploying a range of technical strategies and innovative solutions which drive compliance and competitiveness in the market.
- Collaborate with adjacent functions including Tech (IT), Process Development, Operational Excellence and Supply Chain.
- Building organisational capability and increased inter-site networking.
- Lead and support multi-million Pound projects
- Manage the life-cycle of automation platforms across the QSC site network that cover processes such as: batch manufacturing of pastes, tableting, dispensing and blending of powders.
- Maintaining and enhancing Engineering Standards across a range of areas including Technology Asset Life-cycle Management, Serialization and OT Cyber Security.
- Working across the region and sites to ensure that automation systems are protected with the appropriate level of cyber security protection and security controls
- Provide expertise in a wide breadth of technologies such as:
- IIoT, 5G, Operational Technology
- Vision Technologies
- Smart Automation: Robotics, Cobots, Automatic Guided Vehicles
- Digital, Data and Analytics (DDA)
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for engineers with these required skills to achieve our goal.
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Automation Engineering
- Hands on experience in the installation, testing and maintenance of manufacturing automation systems, devices and applications (PLC’s, SCADA systems, DCS, Instrumentation, serialization platforms and vision systems)
- Knowledge of OT and IT architecture and network infrastructure, segmentation, communication protocols, firewalls and cyber security risk management.
- Experience delivering new technologies and automation system introductions.
- Project management experience.
- Practical experience in a site-based automation engineering position.
- Experience in a technical site-leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills
- Holds Chartered or Professional Engineer Status.
- Experience working internationally, and across multiple sites.
- Hands on experience across multiple industries, including advanced manufacturing and other smart factory sites, will be an advantage
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking