Junior Application Support Engineer
The Junior Application Support Engineer will work in an international environment with operations and development colleagues to ensure application support for PAYBACK Italy, Mexico, Austria and Poland.
- Monitoring (including continuous improvements), analysis of performance issues and incidents
- Incidents, Changes and Problems Management
- Ensure issue resolutions happens withing agreed RTO
- Logs review, data discovery in database tables for investigation of failures. Raise a defect and start pro-active work on resolution when the issue got identified. Escalate unexpected behavior (bugs in implementation) to the implementers team.
- 2nd level operation, administration and configuration of Linux based applications (Apache / Tomcat / Weblogic).
- Interface with external service providers and partners, ensuring consistent service delivery across the platform.
- Interface with business partners and sponsors, driving rapid issue resolution for identified event and incident.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field
- 2 years of experience as a Production Support Engineer, with emphasis on monitoring, incident, problem, and change management procedures following ITIL process
- Proven ability to communicate the cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical / trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems, including shell or python scripting
- SQL knowledge, PL/SQL knowledge is an advantage
- Experience with operation of web (Apache / Tomcat) and application servers (WebLogic)
- Working knowledge of flat file and XML based batch processing
- Working knowledge of common communication protocols (i.e. SFTP, T3, JNDI, etc.)
- Strong ability to communicate clearly with Business Partners, Leadership, non-technical end users