- Any contract
- Strong experience in backend or full-stack software development.
- Extensive experience building database-backed web applications..
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs for frontend UI clients.
- Experience in microservices architectures.
- Experience with solving scalability / architectural issues - knows how and when to drive architectural changes.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with CI/CD design and development
- Deep knowledge of a popular object-oriented or functional programming language
- Deep knowledge of software design principles and patterns.
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Strong communication skills, sense of ownership and drive.
- Independence, pragmatic approach and attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Familiarity with BI concepts - OLAP cubes, multidimensional analysis, etc.
- Experience with Object/Relational Mapping frameworks such as SQLAlchemy.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with CirceCI, Spinnaker, Helm
- Airlines domain knowledge
- Apache Arflow
Project you can join
FLYR's FusionRM platform helps some of the world's largest airlines produce a more intelligent way of forecasting price elasticity and demand for seats, ancillary products, and bundled offers. The end result? Continuously optimized, real-time pricing power.
At FLYR, we're changing the way airline industries use data to ease the traveler’s experience — from dynamic pricing, elastic demand forecasting, to bundling the best offers for end users. We’re taking off on a mission to deliver a real-time prediction and tracking platform to major travel industry partners, each with millions of consumers hungry for a new, first-rate travel shopping experience.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for Backend Engineers who is willing to join our rapidly growing startup in San Francisco & Kraków.
We are growing a team to deliver a complex line-of-business application targeting the revenue management function in the airline industry. This application has complex multidimensional analysis and visualization of airline datasets, visualization of FLYR’s machine-learning forecasts, and supports complex analyst workflows to manage FLYR’s FusionRM solution. .
As an Engineering team, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey. Let’s get you on board soon.
About FLYR product
FusionRM, our dynamic revenue management platform, used by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. FusionRM unlocks unique opportunities by leveraging a forecasting platform that was built from the ground up to use machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques throughout an airline's commerce funnel. Our platform is growing with strong customer demand for this game-changing tool.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will ship the latest new features for the FusionRM platform, in order to disrupt the airline industry's pricing problems.
- You will develop robust and scalable backend for enterprise line of business applications in Python using Redis, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, Apache Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, and more.
- You will collaborate with self-organizing small Scrum teams comprised of Product Managers, full-stack application developers, and QA automation engineers.
- You will collaborate with Product Owners to design and deliver complex application features and end-user workflows
- [Seniors] You will operate as a leader by mentoring new members, growing the engineering-excellence culture, and influencing the product roadmap.
Work time division
How we code?
- Version control: Git
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static code analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge database
How we test?
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Test automation
How we manage our projects?
- Methodology: Scrum
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to pick your tools
- Tech supervisor
- Open space
- Separate rooms
- Dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Remote possible: 30%
- Office hours: 6:00 - 21:00
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events