About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Window Server Engineer. Successful candidate will become a part of a client team responsible for all aspects of the Windows Server estate across the client's organization
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary locations are Kiev, Warsaw. We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
Main purpose of the role: Responsible for the reliability and efficiency of virtualisation infrastructure through the delivery of common, repeatable tools and processes that greatly reduce the amount of toil the OS and DB Platform Operations team must perform
- Responsible for writing software to make the virtualisation infrastructure self-managing and self-service.
- Responsible for automation and continuous service improvement by developing Infrastructure as Code.
- Responsible for elimination of manual, repetitive, automatable, tactical tasks that are devoid from value.
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring and capacity planning.
- Responsible for improving system performance, making effective use of resources, distributing load and reducing latency.
- Responsible for identifying SLO's (Service Level Objectives) that align the team to meet availability and latency objectives.
- Responsible for developing pro-active monitoring solutions that alert on symptoms and not just on outages.
- Responsible for performing detailed root cause analysis (RCA's) on incidents and outages to prevent future occurrence.
- Responsible for partnering with development teams to improve services via rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Responsible for actively sharing knowledge and best practices across the organisation.
- Responsible for identifying technical debt and partner with application teams to build remediation plans.
- Responsible for developing standard operational procedures and producing effective documentation.
- Responsible for analysing workloads and devising suitable cloud migration strategies where appropriate.
- Responsible for participating in on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
- Responsible for performing the OS Platform Operations function as and when required.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing less experienced SA's and SRE's.
- Responsible for identifying cost saving and optimisation opportunities within MUS EMEA and the wider MUFG group.
- Responsible for building strong relationships across the Bank and Securities with other Bank and Securities functions and business areas, underpinned by trust and the core values of the bank.
Who we're looking for?
- Microsoft Windows PowerShell
- ESX VMWare and/or Nutanix HCI.
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019.
- Windows OS tuning utilities and commands.
- Configuring Windows OS systems for optimal performance.
- Windows clustering and high-availability solutions.
- Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos.
- TCP/IP Networking Protocols.
- Networking, storage, database and virtualization layers.
- Container orchestration platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Version control software such as GitHub and Subversion.
- Configuration management software such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and SaltStack.
- "Infrastructure as Code" principles and practices.
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD) principles and practices.
- Applications development using Agile, and DevOps best practices.
- Operating system security and auditing methods.
- Security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX.
- Cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle.
- Good working knowledge of TCP/IP Networking Protocols.
- Good working knowledge of Ivanti LANDESK and Symantec Altiris.
- Good working knowledge of Infoblox DNS.
- Good working knowledge of ESX VMWare.
- Good working knowledge of Nutanix HCI.
- Good working knowledge of EMC and HDS storage arrays.
- Good working knowledge of EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.
- Good working knowledge of Icinga 2 and OpManager.
- Good working knowledge of IBM Tivoli and Netcool.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos.
- Good working knowledge of GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity.
- Good working knowledge of BMC Control-M.
- Good working knowledge of CyberArk.
- Good working knowledge of Splunk and QRadar.
- Good working knowledge of Qualys.
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Good working knowledge of ServiceNow and Serena Business Manager.