You'll be working in the Global Hosted Services (GHS) team. We provide operational support to global virtual environment located across APAC, EMEA, and AMER regions. As an IT System Administrator, you'll play an important role in monitoring and troubleshooting infrastructure issues, involve in incident management calls and co-ordinate with multiple teams on daily basis
- Continually monitor the health of the systems infrastructure, respond quickly to problems, and proactively troubleshoot irregularities before they become service-impacting issues (including performance tuning)
- Support VMware ESXi 5.0/6.5, vROPs, Citrix XenDesktop 7.x, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 1912, Provisioning Services 7.x, Server 2008/2012/2016
- Actively participate in incident channels/sev calls related to Infrastructure issues
- Raise and work on Change activities to resolve issues, stabilize the environment, remediate vulnerability, enable monitoring, etc.,
- Co-ordinate with multiple teams for day to day activities (like Hardware replacement, patching, etc.,)
- Have a keen eye for detail and will perform thorough checks on all critical applications using existing tools.
- Take initiative in identifying issues in the environment and work pro-actively with team members on resolving them.
- Have excellent communication skills and work effectively between teams, escalating issues to appropriate team.
Who we're looking for?
- Core Required Skills - VMware ESXi 5.0/6.5, vROPS 6.5/7.0, vCenter 5.x and above, Windows Server 2012/2016
- 6+ years of experience with VMware ESXi 5.5/6.5, vCenter 5.x/6.x is strongly required. This experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of host systems and virtual machines
- 4+ years of experience in supporting converged/hyperconverged products
- Ability to setup of resource pools and a VMware Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS) cluster, Resource Management, Resource Monitoring along with VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
- Demonstrable experience in Install/Upgrade ESX platform environment
- Expertise in VCSA/ESX server installation and configuration of its components (virtual switches, network connections, storage)
- Good Knowledge of Citrix, Microsoft, Ivanti, and Monitoring tools is a plus
- Confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
- Capable of understanding user/service desk needs and communicating it to senior management