The role of the UC Engineer involves interpreting business, security and regulatory requirements and designing solutions to meet those requirements. This will include sustaining and developing the current products and ensuring the solutions offered are the best of breed and most appropriate for UBS. Liaising with vendors, business users, IT support staff and UBS security/risk officers is part of the role. Internal teams require comprehensive, clear and concise documentation regarding all aspects of each solution. Administrative processes associated with installing and maintaining solutions must be carefully adhered to and automated with scripts where possible.
A Unified Communications, Zoom/Webex engineer to work as part of a distributed Real Time Communications Engineering team committed to delivering a modern, effective and fast-developing Unified Communications service.
These services are integrated into UBS Enterprise Voice & Video (Avaya & Cisco), Compliance services (Actiance Vantage), and the usual Provisioning, Management and Monitoring tools expected in any Global service environment. Endpoints include standard desktop / BYOD, Thin / VDI (Citrix HDX) and Mobile.
The role requires SME-level technical knowledge in Microsoft UC technology, with experience in designing, documenting, building and certifying solutions in a large global organization. In addition experience of certifying and deploying external Web Conferencing services such as Webex and Zoom would be of benefit, as would experience with enterprise Voice & Video. The ability to develop tools and processes to integrate and augment UC services into the working environment is essential.
The role is primarily Engineering but also requires a level of Operational L3 support, augmenting the ability of the service operations team in diagnosing and fixing problems.
The individual should be passionate about IT, be able to work effectively independently and as part of a wider distributed team
Who we're looking for?
Experience in defining and delivering Zoom and Webex Web Conferencing services to a large Business environment.
- Good experience and strong understanding of Zoom and Webex, both back end and client endpoints.
- Scripting, PowerShell experience specifically for automating administrative tasks and delivering tools that augment the core service.
- Good report writing and documentation skills, good verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability with extensive hands-on IT support experience, both back-end, and user-facing. Able to generate options and recommend solutions which are logical reasonable and realistic.
- Experience of working in a large organization.
- Able to develop and manage clear and realistic action plans to accomplish given objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous nature with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Collaborative nature; willing to share ideas, debate solutions and achieve consensus
- Patience, tenacity and a desire to drive the service forward and make a difference
- Strong time management skills with ability to provide regular status updates and meet firm deadlines
- Aptitude for writing and organizing useful information such as knowledge base articles
- Willingness to adhere to tightly controlled and sometimes complex processes and procedures