You will join a established Krakow-based teams, responsible for the development and support of Collateral Management Platform. The Krakow based teams collaborate with broader organization of 90 professionals located around the globe in London, Poznan, Krakow, Toronto and Pune. We deliver multiple changes to production each day with a flexible Kanban-like and agile process that evolves over time.
The Collateral Platform is critical for the bank from the regulatory standpoint. It allows the Collateral Team to perform the daily margining functions and managing risk - billions of dollars of exposure moved each day. We provide data & analytics to optimize how bank and client's assets are allocated and used.
Our teams are currently operating in microservices environment (250 services) based on Java 8/11 and Spring Cloud with a push to further modernize the stack with technologies such as Google Cloud Platform and Hashicorp's Terraform, Packer. These microservices interact with central platform running a distributed cache using Oracle Coherence. The user interface is being built with Angular and the platform integrates with other systems in & outside the Bank using a combination of MQ, File and REST interfaces.
- Oversee and guide the development teams in Krakow and Poznan to build robust & maintainable solutions,
- Perform leadership role in architectural and technical design decisions for the platform globally
- Work with multiple teams globally and contribute individually,
- Implement principles and culture for developers to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Work with other streams in MSS to leverage work done in other asset classes
- Take ownership of initiatives that increase our release frequency and confidence and improve production reliability
Who we're looking for?
- 6+ years of Java development experience, hands on coding skills
- Experience in leading medium to large development teams,
- Designing and developing microservices using Java,
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new technologies and business domain,
- 4+ years working in an Agile and/or DevOps team,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Proven track record of working on significant projects from conception to completion,
- Should be able to provide innovative solutions to complex business problems