Nickel Digital Asset Management is an investment manager connecting traditional finance with the digital assets market. The firm deploys highly sophisticated low-latency algorithmic trading, pursuing a range of arbitrage strategies in both spot and derivative markets, as well as a range of directional buy-and-hold products. All funds are designed with institutional clients in mind. We apply strict transparency and execution efficiency criteria across our solutions, with a commitment to maintain market-leading standards for the crypto industry.
We are one of the largest digital assets arbitrage funds and provide significant liquidity to top-tier exchanges.
We are a fast-growing team and provide our employees with a range of challenging and interesting opportunities and promote personal growth, through training and mentoring. We value teamwork and reward innovation.
The Java Developer role is a Remote role based out of Poland. Our development team is primarily based out of Poland with team members working remotely.
Nickel is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any grounds.
What you will contribute:
- Our Java Developers are a part of our trading team to expand on the suite of low latency, multi-threaded applications that execute the fund’s trading strategies on exchanges, monitors risk and supports middle office.
- Work closely with the trading team and the firm’s Partners to develop trading applications.
- You shall impact core trading services, order management, real-time price feeds and more.
- Although experience of working with FIX interfaces is an advantage, no prior knowledge of financial markets is required (training will be provided in all financial aspects of our business)
Who we're looking for?
- Strong core Java design and development skills
- Thorough understanding of computing fundamentals, object orientated programming, threading, concurrency and distributed systems
- Experience of developing Spring boot based, multi-threaded java applications
- Experience with Apache Kafka or Project Reactor will be an advantage
- Automated Unit and Integration testing experience
- Maven, Git, Docker, AWS experience is must
- Drive, creativity and ambition to succeed in a competitive field with a thirst for learning
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or a core engineering discipline or scientific subject with at least 3+ years relevant experience
- Financial bonus