Ensures the development, on-going management and prioritisation of Functional IDT portfolio (projects/programmes with a significant IDT component, and innovation pipeline), to maximise business value and ensure alignment with combined IDT and Operations goals and objectives.
- Fully understand business strategy, expected outcome, deliverables and value to be generated;
- Maintain the link between the Operations IDT portfolio, and the overall IDT integrated portfolio and Strategic leadership agenda
- Lead development of a functional portfolio, ensuring alignment of plans and budgets, high-lighting risks and identifying action plans
- Drive portfolio value management - track, report, analyze and improve project portfolio management focusing on monitoring and measuring the value delivered
- Drive lean agile process and lean portfolio management (SAFE) with the objective of transforming Operations IDT portfolio management processes; Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools.
- Provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools in conjunction with central PMO and Planning team
- Establish and maintain portfolio controls – demand forecasting; resource allocation etc – aligning to enterprise standards, ensuring focus on value delivery and maintaining alignment to Operations IDT and functional business strategy
- Maintain rolling portfolio delivery milestone roadmap – ensuring alignment with project plans; identifying and managing conflicts across the portfolio
- Produce portfolio performance reports – coordinate input from required stakeholders through the established portfolio reporting cycle, ensuring conformance to standards and accuracy (including project KPIs)
- Conducts project financial reporting reviews in conjunction with Finance BP, ensuring adherence to reporting and action planning standards
- Provides insights into overall performance of the portfolio, and makes recommendations to the functional leadership team; regularly conducts portfolio risk reviews to identify impediments to delivery of strategic commitments and co-ordinates mitigation and contingency planning
- IDT functional managers – align with strategic priorities; quantify and manage demand; own and lead cross portfolio objectives, plans and budgets, reporting and analysis; translate and report project status, risks and issues
- Project Managers / Business reps – own and drive co-ordinated project reporting, ensuring alignment to agreed standards; offer advice, coaching
- IDT Strategy, and Integrated Portfolio – to align portfolio/ project objectives, plans and methods with the overall IT strategy roadmaps
- IDT Finance – ensuring the portfolio/project plans and priorities follow the Corporate Finance planning cycles, Finance guidelines & constraints
- 3rd Party Vendors – non-commercial supplier relationships focussed on operational / project activities
- Drive integration through effective cross-functional teamwork and cooperation, including 3rd parties
At British American Tobacco we are committed to handling your personal data responsibly and with integrity. If you would like to read our Privacy Notice, please access the following link: https://www.bat.com/careers/en/privacy_notice
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
Who we're looking for?
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree Educated, with 8-10 years post graduate work experience including project management / PMO / planning / portfolio management experience in a complex IDT environment and /or business facing IDT role
- Experience with various Project & Portfolio Management tools and project management and solution development methodologies (Prince 2, Waterfall, Agile, DevOps etc.)
- Strong understanding of Lean-Agile project management and solution development methodologies and frameworks e.g. Dev Ops and SAFe.
- Practical experience of the MS Azure Devops tool for managing project artefacts, and reporting
- Understanding of business processes across IDT functions and the Functional area, supporting technologies including current and emerging solutions and trends
- Financial acumen or experience of corporate budgeting and Capex/Opex management
- Experience in large global organisation using in-sourced and out-sourced IDT service providers
- Facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Effective communication and relationship management - experience working with business stakeholders across various business functions
- Robust team work demonstrated both within and outside the IDT function - Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary matrix teams, with internal and external participants
- Customer satisfaction through consistently meeting business requirements
- Commercial skills (understand and consider financial implications of proposals)
- An ideal candidate from a non-BAT background will take 3-6 months to learn BAT processes and governance before being fully productive.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages