Apple Product Specialist
- HSBC Service Delivery (Polska)
- Employment contract
- Apple Desktop Engineering pod has 12 staff
- Whilst low numbers of Macs are in use (low hundreds) these are typically used for critical development roles required to support HSBC’s digital developers
- Flexibility and adaptability – this job will have constantly changing priorities and tasks that are unpredictable, wide ranging, complex, and time sensitive
- Attention to product quality and the highest level of service provision
- Staying abreast of external developments in the general area of Apple Desktop, global regulation and competitor activity. Proactive identification of issues and initiation of structured discussions with the key stakeholders, maintaining alignment to deliver against the ITID strategy and goals
- Put the customer first – ensure our internal and external customers are always considered in all decisions made
Skills / Experience
- Experience of performing a product management role
- Experience of working as part of an agile infrastructure development team
- Interpersonal skills – demonstrate good judgement and a good level of communication. Ability to articulate complex technical issues concisely.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac and linked technologies: Mac OS X, Jamf Pro / Jamf Cloud, Windows on Mac (e.g., Boot Camp, Parallels, Virtual Box), AppleScript, Automator workflows, Mac deployment technologies
- Experience of associated technology areas: Microsoft Office, browsers (Safari, IE, Chrome), Java, Mac security models and tooling, identity and access management tooling, Active Directory, Workspace One, Apple Remote Desktop
- Knowledge of Lean Sigma practices
- Knowledge and experience of using agile delivery methods and tools to implement both tactical and strategic changes
- Commercially astute, ability to balance and assess risk vs. reward, maximising cost effectiveness and profitability for functions and/or business lines
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe
Project you can join
This role resides in one of the newly established IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) agile engineering pods within
the End User as a Platform (EUaaS) area, specifically the Apple Desktop pod. The intent of these new
engineering pods is to increase the infrastructure automation provided to HSBC staff and to deliver infrastructure products and services in an agile manner.
The Apple Desktop engineering prod will deliver HSBC’s build of the Mac OS X operating system to our managed Apple devices, review and define the Apple hardware used for our defined user stories, define the configuration to be applied to these devices, manage and control these devices and be accountable for allengineering work on the managed OS X build.
In 2020 we are expecting all engineering pods to be in setup mode so the focus will be to complete knowledge transfer from other HSBC locations and initiating the various streams of work that will deliver extra levels of automation whilst moving to a more agile way of working. An appropriate agile way-of-working will be implemented, likely to be Scrum or Kanban.
The Apple Desktop Product Specialist role will work within the pod to achieve the strategic aims of ITID and the EUaaS platform by delivering products and services in an agile manner. The role will take direction from the defined pod leader or assigned team leader and will be expected to work closely with other members of the pod.
Whilst it will have no formal line management duties, it will be expected that the role will provide guidance to the more junior members of the team and pod. The Product Specialist is also part of the Product Management Practice, will take appropriate direction from the Product Management leadership team and is effectively the conduit through which product and pod information is shared.
- Work as part of the Product Management practice, ensuring the Product Management governance is applied within the pod and that relevant pod information is passed to the Product Management practice.
- Work within the Apple Desktop engineering pod, covering some or all of: Agile development of Apple Desktop Infrastructure related products, 3rd level support of said products, thought leadership, technical documentation, verbal and written communication, financial management
- Be part of a team that performs sustainable continuous improvement, identifying and removing organisational barriers affecting the team, processes and products owned
- Maintain an agile mind-set by adopting the practices and processes identified as being required for our new engineering pods, leveraging agile delivery methods, associated frameworks (e.g., Lean) and Bank tools (e.g., JIRA) to do this
- Understand and follow the ITID strategy and vision and also the Product Management direction
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the team, focusing on automation, process improvement, how technology is best leveraged and technology shift opportunities
- As assigned: Be responsible for the team’s budget as assigned, perform vendor management as needed against assigned partners, following all applicable HSBC and ITID policies and procedures for financial and team management
- Work collaboratively with staff within the platform to identify and agree improvement opportunities
Stable job in professional team
Interesting path of career in an international organization
Consistent scope of responsibilities
Private health care, employees’ benefits
Possibility of remote working
Commutable office location – Kapelanka street,
Casual dress code,
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Language courses
- Visa Services
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events