Our client is a leading global Financial Market data provider who runs several change programs to deliver high-quality software that connects Financial Markets across the globe in a real-time, high frequency, and low-latency data management chain. The projects are technically challenging in a very engaging environment making the most of cutting-edge technologies covering the domains of Real-Time, Big Data, Cloud, and Machine Learning.
- We find algorithmic solutions to complex textually based problems, taking into consideration performance, scalability and robustness.
- We create tools for professionals to build their own NLP solution in areas such as entity extraction, relation extraction and text categorization.
- We use solutions of different complexity in order to solve our problems efficiently and with high quality, from basic ones to state-of-the-art ones.
- We have a super positive and constructive atmosphere.
- We have access to lots of high quality data such as: News, Financials, Social Media and more...
- Develop high-quality software, design, and functional documentation
- Provide estimates for specific software feature implementation
Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Build unit tests for your code
- Develop and maintain tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code that follows open sourcing standards
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Communicate with distributed senior development team daily basis
- Collaborate with internal teams, Scrum master, Product Owner to fix and improve products
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies and standards
Who we're looking for?
- Java core (8/11)
- 4+ years working as a Java Developer
- DDD / BDD/TDD / XP / OOP / Design Patterns
- Expertise in creating frameworks / reusable libraries used by others.
- Open to learning new languages/technologies
- Very good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience working in R&D / Agile environments and with distributed teams
- Upper intermediate and above English
- Ability and will to make decisions and prove and defend them
- Ability to document and communicate concepts at multiple levels
- Good analytical skills and readiness to perform alternatives analysis and to find the best possible option
- Quick learner, willingness to learn new technologies and to do research on your own
- Experience of working in multicultural environment
- Team player - ability to work in distributed teams, contribute to collaborative team success, treat team / product success as personal goal
- Result-oriented mindset
- Experience working in multicultural environment
Able to work independently with defined problems on a senior level in certain areas of technical or business expertise
Understanding of distributed computing, data partitioning, sharding