We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
On this position you will be responsible for installing, managing and upgrading AIX based systems and servers. Maintaining the system with patches and upgrades, ensuring that the performance, reliability and security of the systems is provided.
Who we're looking for?
- AIX 6.x 7.x System administration - File systems, LVM, networking
- AIX operating system upgrades - SP and TL upgrade
- Apply emergency/hot fixes to AIX system
- Knowledge of LPAR, Virtual SCSI, NPIV, VLAN, and I/O high availability strategy for the Pseries equipment
- NIM usage (setup, nim clients, SPOT, LPP, root password recovery etc. )
- PowerHA configuration and management
- Mksysb usage, concept, create, restore
- TCP/IP networking
- Network routing / firewall
- AIX system security
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Automation skills utilizing scripting languages
- Operational and support processes and best practices
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking