One of the biggest UK rail network companies operating with rail infrastructure and asset management has a need to develop and support enterprise level information systems.
Programme is replacing legacy reporting technology (OBIEE, Discoverer and SAP BO) with Power BI. We will be using iterative development cycles to do this consisting of data engineering and preparation to bring the data into Power BI from our various on prem systems, and report writing to create the reports.
Programme is replacing legacy reporting systems with Power BI. The work is new development in terms of reports and data models within Power BI and/or Azure.
- Design and develop data and analytical solutions in collaboration with users
- Analyse and translate complex business needs to data
- Develop data structure to be utilised for further report creation
- Create models and operate with data 5, Performance optimisation
- Create and maintain project artefacts and documentation
Who we're looking for?
- Power BI data modelling
- Power BI data loads
- Power BI performance optimisation
- Good understanding of ER and Dimensional Data Modelling concepts (3NF, Data Marts, Data Warehouses)
- Good understanding of database objects (Tables, Indexes, Views)
- SQL Query tools (SQL Developer, SQL*Plus)
- Installation & maintenance of on-premise PowerBI gateways (note - need at least one resource with this)
- Azure Analysis Services
- Azure Data Factory
- SAP BO Universe modelling
- OBIEE RPD metadata modelling
- SQL Query performance optimisation (Oracle)
- Experience building ETL data loads