As our Storage & Backup Engineer you will be playing a key role in a Aptiv Hosting Team as Storage & Backup SME working closely with 3rd party supplier on day to day duties as well as on variety of projects which require knowledge and hands-on expertise in different modern technologies
- Maintaining and supporting modern automated, high-available, end to end solutions, using best practices and industry standards in Storage Architecture and Backup/Restore.
- Working in close cooperation with vendors on their performance based on KPIs, metrics and projects
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert on backup, storage and HCI technologies
- Maintaining monitoring infrastructure as well as implementing new tools
- Working with stakeholders and MSPs on gathering business needs and translating them into technical solutions,
- An excellent communicator, with knowledge in incident, problem resolution and ITIL processes.
Who we're looking for?
A successful candidate for this role has a proven experience working in a third line / infrastructure engineering role, ideally for a service provider or similar. You will also need to demonstrate the following;
- A strong knowledge of the Storage & Backup platforms, mainly Netapp, Dell VxRail, Commvault and Data Protector. HP 3PAR is also a plus
- A good understanding of VMware infrastructure,
- Strong technical skills at a third line level with core Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, SQL Server,
- A good understanding of networking, IP addressing, firewalling and public DNS,
- Experience in Linux System Administration (RedHat)
- Certificates in System Administration, Storage or Backup are a plus,
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
- Strong client service orientation
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or information systems
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Industry IT certification is a plus
Traits We're Seeking:
- Demonstrate a clear sense of ownership
- Be practical and take action
- Challenges the status quo
- Influencer, ability to articulate and present to all layers of management
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Accountability, holding themselves and their team to critical deadlines and commitments
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages