Senior Java Engineer
ViacomCBS Tech in Warsaw plays a crucial role in ViacomCBS`s global engineering organization. Through our projects, we make sure that millions of users worldwide can enjoy ViacomCBS content through the web, mobile, and TV applications.
What do we do:
Products we develop are exposed to millions of users globally. The majority of our business clients are located in New York or London. Current projects are (e.g.) related to:
- Content management and delivery platforms;
- Users management & personalization platforms;
- Event collection & processing platforms;
- Solutions for emerging platforms.
We keep our technologies up-to-date, and since we own the projects, we also have a major impact on the tool set:
- Java (11+) & Kotlin;
- Spring Boot (2.x);
- Cloud-based environments with AWS;
- CI/CD (Jenkins);
- JUnit, Mockito, Spock;
- Sumo Logic, New Relic, Grafana;
- Distributed architectures.
- MacBook Pro + additional monitors;
- IDE: IntelliJ WebStorm/Android Studio, XCode, Visual Studio Code;
- Jira, Confluence;
- GitHub, BitBucket;
- Slack, Zoom.
- Employment contract;
- Home office (hybrid HO/on-site schedule);
- Multisport card + private medical care;
- Access to e-learning and self-development platforms;
- Office library;
- English and Polish language lessons;
- We participate in and speak at conferences, also join/ run public meet-ups (e.g. WWDC, Confitura);
- In-house activities: tech talks, hackathons;
- You can use 10% of your working time to pursue your personal development, and side projects;
- Active global inclusion and CSR groups;
- Well located, modern office with lots of amenities – adjustable desks, electronics toolkit, 3D printer ready for you to use, pool table, console, table tennis, massage chair (in safer times ☺).
How we work:
- Our teams own “how” decisions - we are autonomous regarding the architectural choices, technologies, and approach to providing high quality solutions;
- Our Engineers are involved in every stage of SDLC;
- Our divisions are built from various engineers, i.e. Backend, Mobile, DevOps, Test Automation and System Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches;
- Our products are exposed to millions of users globally;
- We focus on test automation and code quality – and we do that by automating whatever is possible!
- The majority of business clients are located in NY or London;
- Every project is run based on Agile principles using Scrum / Kanban.
Who we're looking for?
We are looking for Engineers that:
- Will provide support for less experienced engineers - knowledge sharing and mentoring is important to us;
- Keep up to date with modern web technologies;
- Are curious, with a desire to learn and the ambition to quickly become a self-reliant, top-notch software engineer;
- Want to actively participate in decision making;
- Enjoy working in a team;
- Easily and openly communicate in English.
And on the technical side, we need:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Deep knowledge of Java and its ecosystem (Spring);
- Experience with software development in globally distributed environment.
How we manage our projects?
Who makes architectural decisions?
Who makes technology stack decisions?
Concurrent projects per team member?
Project management software
JIRA, Confluence, Miro
Opportunity to change between projects
How we code?
Static code analysis
How we test?
Work time division
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Language courses
HR call, 2 rounds of tech interview