Mid / Snr DevOps Engineer
Mid / Snr DevOps Engineer
Engineering at Boclips
Boclips is a team of 32 across the world, with 13 people making an engineering team in London and Warsaw. Our vision is to keep expanding our product and engineering team in Warsaw and keep our closely-knit feel across both London and Warsaw. For us that means sharing our engineering culture, practices and processes. For you — having creative freedom to deliver and learn from with an experienced team and taking responsibility for new solutions.
Mission: We are looking for someone to take our existing DevOps setup to the next level by continuing to build a platform where our engineers are on-call monitoring their own software, continuously improving the developer experience and speeding up the deployment process.
Who: An experienced DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer who knows what it takes to build a platform that is stable and empowers developers to ship code with ease. (If you like writing application code too that’s a plus).
How: You like to run incident retrospectives and post-mortems to improve processes as part of an agile team. You care about people and problems and value simple and effective solutions.
The Technical Details
- We are running our microservices and some batch jobs on a Kubernetes cluster (GKE).
- We host our database services on GCP, AWS, Elastic Cloud and MongoDB Atlas.
- We run pipeline-based continuous delivery system (we use Concourse CI).
- Terraform is our declarative infrastructure management system
- We do continuous integration and we do Trunk-Based Development.
What makes this an interesting opportunity?
- It’s an opportunity to work with developers who care about how their software runs in production.
- There is potential to scale out systems and creative freedom to deliver new solutions.
- A great role for an operations person moving into DevOps
- Opportunity to train developers to write production-grade maintainable software
- This is not an ‘on-call’ role.
Who we're looking?
- You are effective using the command line.
- You bring experience in running production workloads in Kubernetes.
- You have some experience with a declarative infrastructure management system
- You know what it takes to build a platform that is stable and reliable.
- You care about people and problems and enjoy training and supporting Developers
- You have experience in a startup or a company or team that works collaboratively.
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages