Senior Tech Engineer
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznań Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan. We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world
This role is accountable for contributing within a product team for the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of Pharma Tech systems in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working closely with a Manager or Director of Engineering, Architect, Facilitator and Product Owner or Product Director.
The Senior Tech Engineer is a “T-Shaped” role demonstrating both depth and breadth across key engineer competencies e.g. Software Development or Automated Testing and the ability to successfully collaborate with experts from other subject domains. In addition, the role will demonstrate core software development knowledge/experience of industry technologies, practices and frameworks e.g. Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Experience Manager, Jenkins or Atlassian.
We are working with: AEM, AWS, Java 11, Java EE, Maven, SQL, jUnit, Selenium, Groovy and Git.
Our tooling: Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Sonar, Jenkins, IntelliJ.
- The continuous delivery of technology solutions from product roadmaps adopting agile and DevOps principles.
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully compliant with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensures use of relevant Pharma Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Supports Product Owners and product teams to deliver value continuously, fostering and maintaining close links with customers
- Ensures continuity of business execution i.e. operational support for relevant applications
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Keeps relevant technical documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive relentless improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Provides technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams composed of GSK FTEs, strategic partners and software vendors
- Contributes to release planning working closely with the Product Owners
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.Benefits:
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company’s structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online trainings’ platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
Who we're looking for?
At least 5 years’ experience in working in an IT product related industry. Experience in:
- Java 8/11
- Java EE
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages