Senior IT Support Analyst
- Keep the production environment stable by making well-informed decisions.
- Resolve incidents and requests in due course.
- Own and drive problems to their solution.
- Deploy changes to production.
- Plan and participate in major activities such as disaster recovery tests and infrastructure weekends.
- Become a subject matter expert in the business area and applications candidate supports.
IT Production Support Analyst supports Repo trading applications. Support Analyst will support in-house and externally developed applications. The role faces off to traders, sales traders, margin management, operations and regional IT management. The team forms an integral part of a global team, which supports the business on six days a week around the clock. The supported applications cover several areas, namely the life-cycle management of REPO trades, the optimization of the collateral inventory and the system to support unsecured funding. This includes manual trade entry or trade feeds from Electronic Communication Networks (ECNs). The downstream systems are a settlement, risk, P&L and MIS systems.
The candidate will work in early shifts (07:00 am a start) and late shifts (up to 08:00 pm). Occasional work Saturday and Sundays for releases, disaster recovery tests and business readiness tests. No night shifts.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in investigating IT and business-related incidents and resolving them
- Ability to write SQL queries against complex database schemata and regularly use UNIX to analyse logs and edit files
- Experience in implementation changes using pre-defined methods
- Experience in doing some project work as part of small enhancements and infrastructure-related activities
- Experience in front office support facing off to traders
- Banking / financial experience (Knowledge of fixed income instruments, ideally with exposure to Repo and understand the lifecycle of trades )
- Knowledge of support tools like ServiceNow, NetCool, SPLUNK and AppDynamics *Knowledge of middleware (Tibco/RV, MQ, JMS) and job scheduling software like AutoSys
- Leading experience